My brand new category is here!!! Dog treats! Woo Hoo! 😎
Now let me ruin all of this by telling you that I don’t have a dog 😭 I make dog treats for my grandma’s dog, Pimpa, so I thought I’d share some recipes with you!
First of all, let me present to you Pimpa!
This is her when she was a puppy. Lion king style ☺️
And this is her now on her chair haha. She is 3 and she is so sweet 😍
So, I am planning on sharing dog treat recipes with you a few times a month! I don’t really like cooking but I like making dog treats because Pimpa loves them so much and she deserves them 😋
These are all healthy dog treats
Apple & Honey Dog Treats! 🍎🍯🐶
Good to know: apples contains important vitamins that are good for dogs: they are particularly suggested for dogs with heartburn. Grated apples are also good to control dysentery in dogs.
Buono a sapersi: le mele contengono importanti vitamine che fanno bene ai cani: sono particolarmente indicate per i cani che soffrono di acidità di stomaco. Le mele grattugiate sono anche molto efficaci contro la dissenteria.
For these treats you will need:
- 1-2 apples (I suggest one if you don’t want it to be too liquid to use cookie cutters)
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1-2 mele (Ne consiglio una se vuoi usare le formine per biscotti)
- 250 g di farina integrale
- 1 uovo
- 1 cucchiaio di miele
- 2 cucchiai di olio vegetale
1. Preheat the oven at 356°F. Cut the apples in slices taking out the seeds and core and grate them. I used a mixer
1. Preriscalda il forno a 180°C. Taglia le mele a fette togliendo i semi e torsolo e tritale
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix them together
2. Aggiungi tutti gli altri ingredienti e tritali insieme
3. Pour everything on a pan with parchment paper and bake at 356°F for 35-40 minutes
3. Versa tutto in una teglia con carta da forno e inforna a 180°C per 35-40 minuti
4. Take it out of the oven and cut it in squares.
4. Sforna e taglia il tutto a quadretti.
5. Let them cool down before putting them in a box or bag
5. Lasciali raffreddare prima di metterli in una scatola o sacchetto
They might not look pretty but Pimpa loves these haha! They are super soft too. I will make sure to take a picture of her while she eats her treats.
Remember to feed your dog treats once in a while, treats are not a replacement meal
Pimpa loved them!!! Here is a gif 😍 ↓
L a u r a