Some of you probably saw a sneak peak of this DIY if you checked out my “Welcome to SerendipiDIY post” and noticed the pic of me with that canvas behind! Oh and the Ping Pong ball lights as well 😬
I have been asked to do some more room decor DIYs. (If you haven’t checked out the previous ones yet, I will link them down at the end of this tutorial)
So today I will show you my favorite! This geometric canvas was popular a few years ago and you could see it everywhere, especially on YouTube!
I made this one in July, and it’s been on my wall since then. If you checked out my flower pot and jewellery dish you can see that I have used the same technique, which, by the way, I freaking love because it’s soooo easy and it always turns out great.
What you will need:
- acrylic paint (yes, I know I always use those colors but they just fit so well with my bedroom 😛)
- masking tape
- plastic plates
- sponge/paint brush
- and of course a canvas
- colori acrilici
- scotch di carta
- piatti di plastica
- tela di cotone (ho trovato la mia da Leroy Merlin)
1. Tape the canvas creating a geometric pattern. Make sure that tape is flat so paint will not leak under it.
1. Attacca lo scotch di carta sulla tela assicurandoti che sia piatto e che non passi il colore da sotto.
2. Start painting! I used a sponge because I liked the effect better since I tried mixing colours as well, but you can always use a paint brush. Let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
2. Inizia a dipingere! Io ho usato una spugna perché mi piaceva di più l’effetto visto che ho mescolato anche i colori, ma puoi sempre usare un pennello se non ti va. Lascia asciugare per almeno 10 minuti.
3. Peel the tape off!
3. Tira via lo scotch!
Hang it on the wall and you’re good to go!
Appendilo al muro!
Hope you liked it and make sure to show me if you give it a try!
Here are my other room decor DIYs:
DIY Geometric Flower Pot & Jewellery Dish (using tape!)🔺🌺💍
DIY Candle Holder using Glass Rocks 🕯
DIY Chalk Paint Heart Candle Holder🕯🍂🍁
L a u r a
11 thoughts on “DIY Geometric Canvas – Room Decor Wall Art🔺🖼🖌”
I absolutely love this, I’ll need to give it a try!
Thank you Rebecca! 😊
That’s so pretty!!! I can’t wait to try it out!
Thank you!!! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
I knew you’d do a cool room decor!! 🙂 ❤
I’m completely obsessed with geometric design – I think I might do this one when I get some free time because it is so simple yet effective! ❤ Love the DIY, as always! 🙂
I love geometric design tooo 😚
LikeLiked by 1 person
knew you would do a great room decor post! 🙂
I love the result! Unfortunately I already have way to many canvas on my bedroom, but I might do this to offer my brother for Christmas. Great DIY Laura! Just one question: Where do you get all these ideas for DIYs? ❤
It depends, I learned some in school. Then sometimes I check Pinterest for ideas. But basically most of the times I see things in the stores of my town and when I look at the price I am like: whaaaat I can make that for way cheaper! 😄